Thursday 28 July 2016

ATC Swaps - Artist Trading Cards


http://www.charmedcrafttalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Good Morning!!! My my, it's been a long time since we posted anything on here. This is the first post this year!! Hope we haven't lost you all with our absence.  What with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and what have you, it's hard to keep up!

Did you know that we have a forum where you can come and have a chinwag? We opened that before the advent of said Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and many people have left forums to be on Facebook instead, which is a shame I think because you can't beat the interaction we have in the forum.  NOT ONLY THAT, but we have crafty challenges too! Not so many as we used to I grant you, but our ATC swaps are still going strong. We would LOVE for you to join us (sorry UK only). Each month a theme is set and each person creates three artist trading cards for the swap, and will in turn receive three cards from three other members. It's super fun and really gets your creative juices flowing. The ATC's must measure no more than 2.5” x 3.5” so it's a super little challenge. You can make them identical, or you can make them all different. We make them thin enough to go through as a large letter size as it otherwise would be too expensive to post, so try not to add very bulky items.

In the picture above you can see some of the cards I created for our swaps.  Here they are again with some of our latest swaps:

The latest swap was themed "Scarecrows"

"The Lynx effect" of course refers to the effect Lynx deoderant has on females, or birds as we also call them here in the UK LOL That scarecrow should not have used Lynx if he wanted to scare the birds away ha ha.  Glossy accents were used on the scarecrow and birds for a 3D effect.

The next one is "April Showers" where the specification were "anything with water plus one blue brad":

 Here is used the fabulous "Voyage Beneath The Sea" by Graphic 45 - love love love this collection. The background paper is Karen Foster "Rippling Waves" and I added a beautiful  Imaginice blue Polished Pebble bradGlossy accents were used to highlight certain elements for a 3 dimensional effect.

The theme for the next one was "Autumn/Thanksgiving":




Here I cut a smaller card, embossed it with a leaf/flower pattern then coloured with Gelatos. A die was used to cut the branch, which I again coloured with Gelatos.


Here is one entitled "Vintage Transportation:


Here I made them all different. I used Graphic 45's "Come Away With Me" for this one.


Next up theme "Hollywood".:



I printed out pictures from the Internet and embellished with sentiments I just created on the computer and printed on red cardstock, plus gem stones and ribbon. I fussy cut flowers from Graphic 45's Mother Goose paper "Ring around the Roses" and highlighted the flowers with Gold Stickles.


This one was themed "What makes me smile":




Well kittens of course!! Can't recall where I got the image. Wings and crown were Spellbinders dies "Mixed Media Elements S5-085". Added lace, brads, and lots of doodling. As with all my ATC's I used Distess ink.

 A few other swaps:

Theme "Love"

Theme "Anything Goes":



 Theme "2016 - 2 colours - 0 ribbon -1 flower -6 buttons"




Theme "Flowers with a little Bling":



I hope I have inspired you to give us a shot. Come join us :)


No comments:

Post a Comment