Friday 23 May 2014

Personalised Cards...

I have previously spoken about using the recipient photograph on the front of cards, and I really think it is a super idea, especially for hard to please teens! Here is a card I made recently for my 16 year old daughter, using a photo of her as the main attraction - and the main attraction was after all exactly what she was on this long-awaited day :)




I used a Marianne Zipper die to create a zip for the top, and the pull is a Prima Rusty Typo Zipper Junkyard Findings. I really love the look, and this is definiately a die I will be using quite a lot. Looking forward to trying it on a scrapbook layout.

The card is quite large, and as I was using 6"x6" paper (from the Santoro Mirabelle 6x6 pad), I cut one piece diagonally and used a coordinating paper from the same pad to fill the gap. These papers are glittered and glossy, so it's a really nice effect. All the papers used on my card are from the Mirabelle pad, apart from the black base card, which is plain cardstock.

Swirls are cut with a Spellbinders die - D-Lites "Sprigs" set
Paper Roses (some Prima some not, but all available at Charmed Cards & Crafts)
Pearls, mini bow and lace are Mirabelle




Wish ticket is from Tim Holtz's Adage Tickets pad
the "Perfect" lace is Prima lace sticker
Bunting cut from Joy Craft Die


Initially I didn't have the "Perfect" lace on the front, I added that at the last moment. Looks nice either way.



 The inside was decorated to coordinate with the front.




 You wont believe the amount of writing I managed to pack onto that 3" square LOL All soppy mummy stuff :)



Love that Mirabelle range ♥

7 comments:

  1. I love this card Karen. I been doing several cards this week, with pictures of teens. Here in Norway, May is the month for " konfirmasjon"..., sorry don't know the English word for it, and their relatives want handmade card with picture on it. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s a very beautiful card and such a great idea to use their pictures, I´ve done that more times too, if it was some of those really hard ones to make cards for LOL. This is really sweet to a sweet 16, that´s for sure. And your flowers are so gorgeous arranged here, they looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Such a fab idea, your daughter must have loved it! It's a lovely photo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen that is such a stunning card, and what a beautiful image too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls xx Amber is lovely isn't she Lou, she has turned into a beautiful young woman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. or almost woman anyway LOL Don't want to make her too old before her time :-)

    ReplyDelete