Thursday 25 July 2013

A Hello from Norway

Wow, it has been a while since last time I posted something, shame on me.

I have had the urge for playing with Lou`s Stall card tutorial since I got my eye on her card. I think this is such a fun card to make something a bit different.

And when I got my new digi bundle, Mannequin,, I really had no choice, my head started spinning. So I downloadet the images, printed out this Saloon image and started to play. 

Both the card and the image cried for something,  or a little Steampunk inspirated. Lucky me, I had some paper left from the Steampunk collection from Graphic45.
So I made the card base first, and it wasn`t too difficult, it was really fun :-) 
I had printed out two of the Saloon images and inverted one. So I colored them in with my copics, glued a plastic stip between and had them back to back. 

Here is a close up of the dress.
The colours I used are:
Dress: BG57 - BG75- Atyou Spica Turquoise
Hat: Y32 - YR12 - YR65 - E97- 
Flower: RV95 - E004 - R56 - G24- Atyou Spica - Pink and Melon
and the greens are: G43 - G24
The plastic stripe was for having the image standing by itself. I also cut between alle the small little lines... that took some time.
When this was made I started to play with the embellishments. I had some chipboard gears and I wanted to try out the Tattered Angels natural aged painted system, so I started and, yes I was satisfied with the result and it was fun.
For the rest I just digged through my stash and took what I though could be Steampunk. Some feather, leaves , flowers, metall cears and some stickers from Jolee.

Here are some more pictures of my project.

 A close up from above

Here is the front of the card.

This is the back of the card.

I had a really fun couple of evnings making this card and hope you get some inspiration for trying to make this. And I would love to see what you do with it.
This card  I made for my own amusement and I want it for myself. So it stand on my bookself.

So girls, go to your craftroom and make pretty stuff for yourshelf and have fun. 
Don`t forget to give us a link to your project so we can see what you come up with.

I have more ideas for this bundle so, I will have more inspiration in a couple of days. 
But first I have to make a couple of wedding card for a friend.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Gunn! What an amazing card! I was going to try the coat and hat with the Steampunk Spells collection, it works so well. Stunning work Gunn!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete