Friday 5 August 2011

Little Flower

Hello friends, Louise here.
I haven't been crafting or blogging for a whole week....but the reason is a good one....I'm having a craft room makeover! Woo Hoo I'll show you some pictures soon. I made a roman blind the other day and I'm very impressed with myself :)
Right onto the card. I made this one a little while ago but I've only just got around to showing you. If you scroll down you will see the winter version of this image on my previous card. I love this image because it's perfect for paper piecing and that is my absolute fave technique, it brings the picture and the background all together so nicely, creating a rally balanced look. Here is the card front......
Do you see how the paper piecing has allowed me to match the flowers to the hat? Those flowers are the cheapest flowers ever! Just tear scraps of paper into circles, scrunch them up and add buttons! Voila!
The image AND the sentiment underneath are from the 'Let it Shine' digital collection at Charmed Cards and Crafts, yours at the click of a button!
The papers are Basicgrey but The name of the collection escapes me right now so I'll update later.

You may have noticed that most of my cards are Easel cards, that's cos they're my favourite! Their is a fab tutorial at the Charmed store here and I'm going to put on on here when I get around to it.
Now the flat packed furniture is calling me so I am off. Have a lovely day in the sunshine xxxx

1 comment:

  1. What a fab card...love those flowers...how clever! Ladybird on her nose is great!xx

    ReplyDelete