Can't believe it's almost the big day! I hope you have joined in our daily advent give-away over on Facebook. I thought I would show you a few Christmas cards I created with one of the new brand Scrap Boys first release "Cotton Winter". We love these papers, we have just had another three new collections, making it six collections now available (see them all here).
My first card is size A5.
I created it as follows:
- Fold a piece of Cappuccino coloured card into size A5
- Cut a piece of Cotton Winter paper CW3 into a size slightly smaller than the front of the card. Ink edges with metallic gold and adhere to front
- Cut a piece of plain blue cardstock to mat onto the CW3 piece (see picture). Using Snowflake paste stencil the poinsettia/Snowflake pattern using Kaisercraft "Holly" template. When dry ink edges then mount onto card using foam tape.
- Cut out the pink frame from Cotton Winter paper CW6. Cut out the inside too. Cut out the building from CW7 and mount onto a piece of CW3, then adhere behind the pink frame.
- Stick a piece of white lace to the middle then mount the frame piece onto the front as shown.
- Fussycut images from various Cotton Winter paper , and adhere as pictured. Elevating some on foam pads.
- Cut out one of the sentiments on the bottom of the Cotton Winter sheets. Ink edges attach on foam pads
- Finish by adding snowpaste to the top of the pink frame and on some of the cut-outs
- Add a Kaisercraft Star from the "Fancy Christmas" flourishes box.
- Add a Tim Holtz Wood Slice
- Add Pearls (I used Graphic 45 Pearls)
I created a simple design inside:
The next two cards are A6 size:
I created this card as follows:
- Cut a piece of "Cappuccino" coloured plain cardstock into a card size 5.75" x 4.25". Ink edges with metallic gold.
- Cut out a piece of Cotton Winter Paper CW4 slightly smaller than the card front. Ink edges with metallic gold and adhere to the front.
- Cut a piece of Kaisercraft "Thyme" plain cardstock into size 3.5 x4.75". Ink edges. Cut a smaller piece of CW4, ink edges and adhere to the top. Cut out the relevant green frame from Cotton Winter paper CW6. Adhere a piece of cream lace ribbon around the frame then adhere to the front as show.
- Cut out images from various Cotton Winter papers and adhere as shown.
- Add snow paste to the top of the frame and on some of the cut-outs
- Add a sentiment cut from the bottom border that is on all the Cotton Winter papers, and ink with metallic gold. Adhere to the top using foam pads to elevate the piece from the card.
- Decorate a piece of Kaisercraft Chipboard flourish from the "Fancy Christmas" pack with Gold Glamout Dust. Attach below the sentiment.
The second card is very similar:
Here I used Kaisercraft Chipboard flourishes from "Festive Foliage" glittered with Glamour Dust as before. Also Graphic 45 pearls.
To finish creating with Cotton Winter I made three ATC's for our monthly ATC swap - come join the group either on Facebook or on our forum:
You can find this gorgeous collection here in our shop:
Merry Christmas Everyone