If you are a little tired of seeing Christmas projects, we are today focusing on the amazing Industrial Romance collection by Scrap Boys. The colours and imagery of the collection is right up my street, and I thoroughly enjoy creating these two cards. I used the papers in the "Industrial Romance" collection pack, but there is also a 6x6 paper pad if you prefer the smaller format.
My two card follow the same format which are as follows:
- The cards are roughly A6 size. I used an A4 sheet of White Linen cardstock (in stock soon) and got two cards from one sheet; so cut a piece of the cardstock measuring 21cm x 15cm and fold it into a card measuring 10.5cm x 15cm.
- Cut a piece of Kaisercraft Marrakech cardstock slightly smaller, ink edges with metallic gold and adhere to the front of the card.
- Cut a piece of Cappuccino coloured cardstock a bit smaller than the Marrakech (sorry I have idiotically given the cards to people so cannot give you exact measurements, but please see pictures for guidance). Ink edges with metallic gold then stencil a diamond pattern to parts of this piece of cardstock, using Finnabair White Gold Icing Paste. Leave to dry then attach to the front of the card. We have several diamond stencils that would be perfect for this, for example: John Next Door Quatro Stars template (which I used here) John Next Door Argyle stencil , Kaisercraft Distressed Diamonds Template,
- Cut out frames from Industrial Romance paper IR6 - one for each card. Attach to the front as shown, elevating using foam tape.
- Fussy cut various images from IR7 and adhere them to the card as shown, elevating some on foam tape for a fabulous 3-dimensional effect.
- I added metal cogs (we also have Kaisercraft cogs which you could paint accordingly (see suggested additions in the Industrial Romance section ), a Prima resin fairy, a pin, and a paper rose. The rose I used was a Sonja Spray Rose
- Cut a sentiment from the border strip on the 12x12 sheets of paper (they all have one). Distress it by gently rubbing a little ink on it then layer on Kaisercraft Marrakech cardstock and attach to the front of the card on foam tape.
- Add a strip of Prima Lace to the bottom of the cards. I inked the bottom as I wanted to carry on the industrial feel.
Here you can see that beautiful Icing Paste stencilling. On one card I stencilled left top/right bottom, on the other top right/bottom left.
The circles in the centre are cut-outs. the card below has a metal cog plus a brad in the centre. Here you can also see how the front is lifted off the card by means of foam tape.
again this large circle in the centre is a cut-out, as are the butterflies and most elements on the cards.
You can see here how dimensional the Icing Paste is. I love the effect.
I hope I have encouraged you to try this amazing collection. Check out the suggested coordinated items on each of the Scrap Boys collection pages.